Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spiced Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats

Last Minute Idea for kids' fall parties: Spiced Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats


Aren't they cute?



Simple ingredients: Bag ofPumpkin spice marshmallows, Caramels (1 for each pumpkin), Green Fruit Pick (1 for each), Butter & Non-stick Spray
These are made just like the traditional Treats except you'll be forming round balls with your hands, just spray your hands with non-stick spray before getting to work. 

I took a big spoon to scoop out about 2 scoops of warm krispies and rolled them into a ball.  You have to work quickly or things will get really sticky towards the end. Just make sure to keep your hands greased up during this process. 
I layed them on wax paper and made an indention with my index finger for the stems.  I then took the caramel melts and warmed them with my hands, then stretched and twisted them until they looked like a vine-like stem.  I then took my fruit pick and broke off the top 1/3 and poked it in near the stem. You have a few minutes at the end to play with the shape and form it into a more realistic pumpkin.Voila! Super Easy!
I took these to Landon's friends at Mother's Day Out Pumpkin Patch outing and they were a hit! I made some with candy corns instead of the Fruit Pick and they wanted those instead!


No comments: