Monday, June 30, 2014

What's hiding your jetted whirlpool tub?

Oh, sigh, the luxury of having a jetted whirlpool tub in your master bathroom.  You know it's a great selling point when you buy a house and you imagine how many wonderful, candlelit bubble baths you'll have while you read a good book and soak in luxury, right?
Well, then there were kids.....and laundry........and toys. The list goes on but my recent discovery about my beautiful jetted spa was not that I didn't have time, I just simply couldn't find the thing.  It was always hiding under things and got so neglected that I just didn't have the time to clean up all the things in the tub to actually get in!
So pregnancy has set in and the aches and pains tend to get a little bit worse near the last half and I needed a solution.  The kids were at grandma's house taking a short summer get away and I was left, to myself, with nothing to do....errrr, a million things to do. I was doing the laundry and decided to make a goal of getting it ALL caught up and completely & deeply clean my bathroom. While picking up the last load of laundry piled high in the re-purposed luxury jetted tub I discovered that I HAD a luxury bathtub and it was dirty.  Spiderwebs and lurking spiders, potted plants with dried up leaves, empty bath salt jars, all left to rot and untouched for months. Well, I said to myself, this has just gone too far.  How could I let my perfectionism get away like this? Shame on me.

So, I dove in and tackled the job.  I did a thorough job of filling up the tub with water and cleaning out the jets, I swiped up cobwebs and cleaned up my plants.  Then I filled up my lonely jars with epsom salt, polished the jar with dried lavender in it and placed my loofah right there in the midst of them.  I put a clean cloth and towel on the edge and waited for the hot water heater to refill so I could finally enjoy my luxury.   After all, I deserved it and really needed the soak while I listened to spa music and watched the baby in my tummy kick and make waves in the bath.  Oh, so nice and long overdue.


Soaking recipe:
1 c. epsom salt
5-10 drops Young Living Essential Oil (lavender is nice)
tablespoon of baking soda

A word of advice: ok, well a list of things to keep from neglecting your tub and take some time to refresh yourself for a change;
1. Don't use your tub for dirty laundry, EVER. Just use a portable hamper if you need the space and just take it out when ready for a spa time.

2. Keep your bath supplies ready and filled and dusted.  You don't want to see dirt while you're in the tub. Use glass canisters to give it a spa luxury feel.  Using a large apothecary jar is nice filled with epsom salt.  Add some essential oils nearby for quick access.

3. Keep a fresh towel and cloth on the side for quick moments of peaceful relaxation.  Even a 20 minute soak with jets will give you an all over boost.

4. Use fresh and organic plants near the tub and don't pile up ANYTHING unless it pertains to a spa time.  You don't want to see rubber duckies or spiderman diving gear anywhere near your quiet time....it just ruins the mood!

5. Keep the tub rinsed out and dusted and ready to go, otherwise you'll just walk on by!


Please feel free to write your thoughts here, I'd love to read them!

No comments: