Saturday, June 8, 2013

Our Preschool Graduate/Riding Solo Cyclist







Our son finished Mother's Day Out/Preschool last week.  He has grown so much and I'm just so grateful that we were able to put him in this program.  Along with home school work, he was able to be in a normal classroom setting for 2 days a week.  His teacher for both years was Mrs. Bayouth.  She took a counseling position at the public school in the spring and Mrs. Devin finished out the year.
He established self discipline, friendships, imagination, respect, Bible basics, kindergarten preparedness & his most important accomplishment, finding his best friend Xander.  These two were stuck like glue, especially this year.  I am thankful his teacher brought it to my attention and able to meet Xander and his family.  He could not have been a better influence on Landon.  
Along with his 'graduation' accomplishments from MDO program, we celebrated at home, as well.  We read a list of learning skills he had mastered over the year, watched an online reading of "Oh, the Places You'll Go", issued his certificate and did  some activity worksheets I found on this link>.......
to go along with the book, by Dr.Seuss.


















I sent these graduation cap treats to his fun day

And now to the even more amazing stuff:  Landon started riding his bike without those trainer wheels he just despised.  He's had a lot of bumps and bruises but I kept telling him, "if you never practice, you'll never learn something new". Now he quotes that to his Dad.






And here's little miss muffet who sat on her tuffet, although she was not going to be frightened away from the idea of making this tricycle roll.  She refused to get off, she wanted to do what brother was doing, she is so determined (like her Mother)

I know there are several Moms my age with kids who have already reached these goals, but I'm just now getting to celebrate these things for the first time.  I want to be able to treat each child as if it's the first time I've ever witnessed such greatness.
I do wish that I could have experienced all these moments with children so many years ago.  It's amazing what can happen when you let God have full control of every area of your life.  I only can look back now and see where I could have had children earlier on, if I could have just trusted God with all the details.
For all those who are considering natural family planning, please think carefully.  There is never a 'perfect' time to have kids, there is no 'perfect' financial place in your life, and for sure there will be so many wonderful things come from letting God plan your life when you get married.  If everything goes in the order God set out, your children will be your heritage from him and will be a blessing.  God will provide. Here is a link to follow when you choose natural family planing. (..........) there's even an ap for it now.  You just plan ahead and do the best you can to avoid certain days and by doing this, it will allow God to decide when life is created.  Of course, there are times when you think it's a safe day, but God still has the final say so, doesn't he?  Both our children took all the fun out of trying to guess what days and came very quickly without much planning.  That's the way God works best!
Here are a few ways I budget financially now that I did not think was possible 12 years ago:
Coupons
Homemade Laundry Detergent and other household cleaners
Buying in Bulk
Online Resources (which weren't available, that I know of 12 yrs ago)
Sharing 1 vehicle as a family
Taking my own photos
Selling kids clothes/toys at the bi-annual consignment sale
Shopping Clearance items for next season's clothing needs
Looking for coupons for free things (really free) Like Walgreens, Staples, Kohls, Target along with store discounts
Selling things 2x's a year in a consignment store or garage sales, getting rid of things I don't need, nor will ever use and using that money for other things we do need
Learning how to cook instead of dining out
Only going to entertainment events if using a coupon
Making my own body/hand soap/shampoo & other diy cosmetics
Buying used furniture and re-doing it
shopping at Aldi & Sam's wholesale
Here's what I did 12 years ago, when newly married:
lived in a 20x20 garage while we built our first home (equity)
(don't do this right after you're married, for if you survive building  a house and missions trips and teen ministry and living in a garage..........your marriage can survive ANYTHING)

sewed my own fabrics needs
shopped sale items
did without much or new furniture for 3 years(until we had the cash, from my real estate career)


Having known what I know now, I could have felt more at ease and might have turned down the path to following a career driven opportunity and decided to just be what God intended every wife to be: a Mom, in HIS timing, in HIS strength and in HIS glory.  In order to give God rule in every area of my life, it does include natural family planning: we just let ourselves believe that doing what everyone does is better than what God intended.  I wish I could go back and change things, but I can't.  I am just thankful that our children came and at a time I was so longing for them.  Thank You, Oh God, for teaching me your ways for they are not my ways and your ways are higher than our ways.

Isaiah 55

New Living Translation (NLT)

Invitation to the Lord’s Salvation

55 “Is anyone thirsty?
    Come and drink—
    even if you have no money!
Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
    it’s all free!
Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
    Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
    You will enjoy the finest food.
“Come to me with your ears wide open.
    Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
    I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
    I made him a leader among the nations.
You also will command nations you do not know,
    and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
because I, the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
Seek the Lord while you can find him.
    Call on him now while he is near.
Let the wicked change their ways
    and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
    Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
    and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
    producing seed for the farmer
    and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
    I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
    and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
    The mountains and hills will burst into song,
    and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
    Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
    they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
Please feel free to write your thoughts here, I'd love to read them!

1 comment:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Wow! 2 huge accomplishments! Way to go! And love hearing your heart on natural family planning!