Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reading before Kindergarten starts?




o

Several different people recommended this book for Landon's kindergarten cirriculum and for some reason it sounded so familiar. I looked in Landon's bookshelf last week and I found this book, tucked away.  My Aunt had given it to me and I was saving it for Fall 2013, thinking it was going to be way difficult to use this early on.  I decided to try it with Landon to see where he might be on his learning level and wow, was I ever shocked.  We are on lesson 6 and he's already catching on.  I recommend this for any preschooler who is "bored" with pre-school work. Landon had gotten so bored with his regular homeschool stuff we've been doing.  The book guide shows 15-20 minutes per lesson, but we are done in about 10 minutes.  We started the rhyming part today and Landon jumped ahead and started finishing my sentences.  How am I going to slow this boy down?  I just want to make sure he learns the listening part so he'll be able to follow as it gets harder.  This is difficult for him, but we are atleast making some progress this week! I'm so excited to share this with you and hope you'll consider using this method.  It definitely seems the best way to teach communication, listening skills and non-picture association learning.  If you are overwhelmed by homeschool cirriculum as I am, you'll find this very simple and an excellent start for teaching your child to read.

You can pick this up at amazon.com


















Please feel free to write your thoughts here, I'd love to read them!

No comments: