Monday, March 4, 2013

I hope this doesn't become an "I Love Lucy" moment....

                 
                  Help!  Please, before this becomes

                                    an "I Love Lucy"                                                     
                                             Moment!

Ok, first of all, it's not very often that I get a chance to venture outside the home, or much less get to send something baked from my kitchen to someone really important without me being there. That someone being my husband's boss and their entire employee potluck luncheon on Friday.

Somehow, I imagine an unwritten scene in my head from I Love Lucy, were she imagines that if she bakes this amazing dish to impress the new boss, that he'll magically love it and say it's the best thing he's ever eaten and now because of her cooking, Ricky is promoted to VIP. But, instead of this ending Lucy is trying to make happen, she ruins everything and the boss gets sick and everyone hates the dish and fires Ricky.

Well,  my imagination does get away with me!  But, I still have to have a side dish to go along with chicken by Thursday so it's ready for Friday.
If any of you readers have a successful, no fail recipe.........please comment below.
I am trying to figure out- do I bake something really off the chart healthy or do I go generic, which isn't my style. I like to stand out but in a good way.  Maybe perhaps I'm thinking that if I come up with my own recipe and it turns out fabulous, it's a hit and everyone says, "Who made this dish, it's like nothing I've ever tasted, we should market this stuff."
And then, reality sets in.  Let's get real.  I only want my husband to look good and everyone to say his wife is a great one.  I only want my food to be a reflection of me and my strive for perfection.  I don't want to let anyone down:
SO PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP!
I'm thinking some sort of great salad with homemade italian bread. You can't go wrong with that, right?  Or do I bake some amazing veggie dish with lots of butter?

I know, though, in the end my husband will love me no matter how it turns out.  I just hope it turns out  better than this!
Enter your recipes in the comment box below!

                                          

1 comment:

Unknown said...

trying to test this comment box, become a follower by email and you can leave your comments